Friday, March 25, 2016

ゲーム少年は死なない (The Game Boy Does Not Die) / Soraru - Song Translation

ゲーム少年は死なない (GAME SHOUNEN WA SHINANAI) (THE GAME BOY DOES NOT DIE) 

Composition: ゆうゆ (Yuuyu) [mylist/3321893]
Lyrics: ゆうゆ (Yuuyu) [mylist/3321893]
Vocal: そらる (Soraru) [mylist/7359936

✲ Please support Soraru by purchasing his 2nd solo album 夕溜りのしおり (Yuudamari no Shiori)  [Amazon] [Official Site], which includes this track! 

Translator: Turtledove Translations (抹茶カメ (Matchakame) & Emma)

✲ Please inform & credit us if you use the translation! If you find any mistakes, feel free to message me or Emma!

ROMAJI LYRICS / ENGLISH TRANSLATION:

Nankai mo asonda game wo sa kirakira shita me de katatteta
Ano shounen wa ittai doko e itta no sagashiteru furi dake
Umaku natta yone

I once spoke of the game I’ve played numerous times with sparkling eyes
Where exactly has that young boy gone, the only thing I’ve become better at
Is pretending to search for him

Tokui na ken furimawasu seigi no ura de naku hito wo
Mushi suru tabi nani ga clear da

Wielding the sword I’m good with, I embark on a journey
Of ignoring people in tears behind the facade of justice
What exactly did I clear
Mou akitatte nagedasu bouken ni okisari no ohimesama
Hontou ni mukaetai yo mada mitenai ending wo
“Bokutachi no tatakai wa kore kara da!” nante ne
Uyamuya ni shinai de chanto shinjisasete yo
Koko ni boku wa iru yo

In the adventure I abandoned with a “I’m already sick of it”, a princess is abandoned
In truth I want to reach it, the ending I still haven’t seen
“Our battle starts here!”, how silly
Don’t be vague, let me actually believe it
That in here, I exist
Furuku natte ukiyobanare mada ugokaseru noni
Itanda controller mada tsukaeru Orenai kokoro wo boku wa shitteru zo

This old, transient world that I’m used to can be set in motion again
But I can still use my worn-out controller; I know of its unyielding spirit
Ano koro omoihaseru kimochi futo password uchikomu
Ima no boku kesu menzaifu ja nai

With the feeling of recalling “those days,” I suddenly enter the password
It’s not just indulgence. I’ll erase the current “me.”

Mou yamedatte otoshita dengen to okimari no ano serifu
Hontou wa tsuzuketai yo hidoi game da to shitemo
Shounen wa itsudatte boku no naka nemutteru
Uyamuya ni shinaide chanto mukiaetara
Yarinaoseru kana

Turning off the power in a rage-quit, and that finishing line
The truth is that I want to continue, even if it’s a bad game
The boy is always sleeping inside of me
If it weren’t so hazy; If we could face each other properly
I wonder if we could do it over
Tsuyokute new game sonna mon wa nai
Kono data de ikiteku
Reset nankai mo oshite shimae yo
sentaku shi hitotsu de mirai wa kawaru

New Game Plus*, there’s no such thing here
But I will live on in this data
Press the reset button over and over again
With one selection, the future will change
Mou ikkai continue da
I’ll “continue” one more time.
Nankai mo asonda game wo sa shounen wa daiji ni shimatteru
The boy is carefully closing the game he’s played numerous times

*Translator’s Note:
“New Game Plus” is a gaming term. It refers to a new game started after the full completion of a game, where the same levels become more challenging and difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment