Sunday, October 25, 2015

愛のサンプル (The Sample of Love) / Mafumafu - Song Translation


愛のサンプル (AI NO SAMPLE) (THE SAMPLE OF LOVE)

Composition, Lyrics, Vocal: まふまふ (Mafumafu) [mylist/22993832]
Mixing: そらる (Soraru) [mylist/7359936]

✲ Please support Soraru & Mafumafu by purchasing their 2nd album “Prerhythm Arch” [iTunes] [Animate] [CDJapan], which includes this track! 

Translator: 抹茶カメ (Matchakame)

✲ Please inform & credit me if you use the translation! If you find any mistakes, feel free to message me! 

ROMAJI / ENGLISH TRANSLATION:

Agari sagari
Hakuchuumu ni ki ga fureru
Sono subete wo daresore ga ai to yonda
Going up, going down
I’m losing my mind to my daydreams
All of that in its entirety, a certain someone had called it love

Shiranai koe ga kimi no mimi wo yogosu kara
Shinzou no soba chikuri
Toge ga sasaru you da
Because a stranger’s voice dirties your ear
I feel a prick close to my heart
It’s as if I have been stabbed by a thorn

Dareka ni jama sarenai you ni
Kagi wa kakete okou
In order to prevent anyone from hindering us
I will place a lock on you*

Aisuru toka aisareru toka
Boku ni wa sukoshi omosugita kara
Kono ryoute ni kimi no ashita wo
Tojikometakute kubi wo tsukanda
Things like loving, things like being loved
They were a little too heavy for me
With these two hands, I want to lock up your tomorrow
And so I seized your neck

Yasashii hito wo shiritakute mesu wo ireta
Kimi no koto wo shiritakute mesu wo ireta
Hakui wo kita daresore ga “boku” wo najiru
Ii ko nanoni nigai okusuri wa iya da yo
Wanting to know about kind people, I inserted a scalpel in
Wanting to know about you, I inserted a scalpel in
A certain someone in a doctor’s white coat rebukes “me”
Even though I’m a good kid, I don’t want any bitter medicine

“Anata no sekai wa konna ni kowareteitan dayo”
“Your world was this broken, you know”

Uso ja nai sa uso ja nai no sa
Onnaji keshiki wo miteitakute
Kimi no migime boku no hidarime
Torikaeowaru made soba ni ite
It isn’t a lie, it isn’t a lie at all
I’ve been longing to see the same landscape as you
Your right eye and my left eye
Until we complete the exchange, stay by my side

Iyagaru koe kimi no nakigoe
Atsumete tsunaide mimi wo fusagu
“Boku” igai ni kikarenai you ni
Kimi no kuchibiru ni kagi wo kaketa
An unwilling voice, your crying voice
I collect it, connect it, and cover my ears
In order for you to not be heard by anyone but “me”
I placed a lock on your lips*

Agari sagari
Hakuchuumu ni ki ga fureru
Sono subete wo boku wa mata ai to yonda
Going up, going down
I’m losing my mind to my daydreams
All of that in its entirety, I called it love again


Translator’s Note:

*The Japanese lyrics 鍵をかけた literally translates to placing a key (on your heart). This implies a slightly different meaning from the English equivalent of “placing a lock” in that while a lock only restrains the target from general access and may have multiple keys created, “placing a key” means that not only is there a lock, but the narrator is the only entity with the key to access the target.

♪   ♪   ♪   ♪   ♪   ♪   ♪   ♪   ♪   ♪ 

Thank you for reading! 

”Ai no Sample" is Mafumafu’s most yandere song so far, especially as it includes quite a few of the “yandere fantasies” Mafumafu has tweeted about in the past (e.g. exchanging eyes with his lover, locking his lover away from others) www. 
Even though the song sounds so cute upon first listen, the moment I started focusing the lyrics, it transformed into a much more sinister track. In my opinion, “Ai no Sample” is the true definition of “insanely cute”.

No comments:

Post a Comment